Saturday, November 12, 2011

25 random things...seems like everyone is writing one of these

1. I live in Texas with my boyfriend, Greg...the people here are amazing. Denton is a cool college town and we've made some great friends.

2. I've spent the better part of the last 4 1/2 years in Ireland/Northern Ireland. Forgive me if I talk about it alot.

3. I'm pretty sure I've never actually tasted a PB&J sandwich...it just looks so gross to me. Give me an open-faced plain old PB sandwich anyday...yummy :)

4. I'm totally addicted to the show House, M.D.

5 is my favorite number. I was born on Feb. 5th, My name has 5 letters and starts with the fifth letter of the alphabet, and I am the 5th girl born in my family. (and as Greg pointed out, I'll be 5X5 this year on the 5th of February...oh geez)

6 is the number of how many beautiful siblings I have. Merri-Beth/Merrilyn, Cheri, Cari, Selah, Caleb, and David. I love them and miss them all more than I can say. Facebook and Myspace helped get us all back in touch with each other and for that I am truly grateful.

7. I watch Gilmore Girls constantly. It makes me feel closer to my Mom and my sister Selah...don't judge.

8. My muscles are sore right now because my truck decided to attempt a triple salchow on the ice last night. Molly is a great truck, but Michelle Kwan she is not.

9. In case you didn't know, my truck's name is Molly.

10. In the past year I worked for the music dept. in B&N in NC, a hospital in Northern Ireland, a clothing store in Northern Ireland, was offered a job in a call centre, and then moved to TX where I became Cafe Lead back with B&N. Talk about full circle, huh?

11. My eczema drives me crazy.

12. I love cranking up the music and singing along in my truck.

13. I don't have any particular misgivings about this number but I do think it's weird that alot of planes don't have a row 13. Amazing how deep superstition runs.

14. I work with a great bunch of people at one of the best Barnes and Noble bookstores in the country :) My cafe crew especially are an outstanding group and I'm so thankful for them.

15. Don't feel like having a 15

16. I love reading. Agatha Christie is one of my favorite author. I also like alot of historical fiction. And yes...I really liked the Twilight series. Probably my favorite of the books I read last year was "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" and as for new fiction "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society."

17. I would one day like to have my own coffee shop. I want it to be a place where lots of different people can come and feel connected to a community. I want to have regular customers who have regular drinks and regular tables. I want to have local art on the walls and free book exchanges and sewing lessons and local music...and storytime for the kiddos.

18. That being said...I am actually working towards this goal by working at B&N and getting management experience, etc. When I say I'm a Barista, I'm proud of it because I do get to connect with people on a daily basis through what I do...even if that is selling them a $4 cup of coffee.

19. I freakin' love 80's music :D

20. I love DIY stuff. I'm working on reupholstering my couches on my own, I make/alter my clothes, I cut mine and Greg's hair, and I constantly have lots of little projects going on involving making various gadgets and gizmos.

21 was a pretty cool birthday...I got to go to Paris.

22. I'm looking forward to being a dual citizen (eventually). My kids will get to live just about anywhere they want to in Europe or the US, and probably Canada or Australia if they want. So cool!

23 is the number of my locker at work...(can you tell I'm getting tired?)

24. Sometimes I really wish there could be more hours in the day. Not every day, just some of them. Wouldn't it be cool if we could bank time so if a really crappy day came along we could just end it sooner and save the hours for a really busy day?

25 is how old I will be in just over a week. I'm pretty ok with that...my life is good right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment