Saturday, November 12, 2011

ode to my hoodie

In preparation for Thanksgiving, I want to thank the universe and by extension, my "little" brother Davey for what has been my favorite piece of clothing for the past 4 years. In good times and in bad, my bright kelly green American Eagle fleece hoodie has stood by me and kept me snuggly and warm. It's green color lifts my mood, it's soft fleeciness makes me feel like I'm wrapped in a hug, and it's big front pocket keeps me fingers toasty and my keys/wallet/money/lipsmacker/phone/whatever-else-I-can-think-to-put-in-there safe. My hoodie is not too warm and not too cold...Goldilocks would love it...it's just right. And of course, whenever I wear it I think of my best friend in the world (my afore-mentioned brother Davey) who gave it to me as a Christmas present nearly 4 years ago. I picked it out and he got an employee discount on it, but these facts in no way diminish my love for my hoodie (or Davey of course).

Just thought I'd share <3

No comments:

Post a Comment