Saturday, November 12, 2011

It's Official

I found my Dublin coffee shop.

Basically, I never quite feel at home in a city (or a new part of town when I was in Charlotte) until I find the coffee shop that fits me perfectly. In Charlotte, it was whichever Starbucks was closest, then later Dilworth coffee house, and of course Barnes and Noble :) In Belfast it was any coffee house on my favorite street, Botanic Avenue. I didn't really have a favorite, all of them were good.

The toughest coffee shop to find was in Derry. I never really felt like Derry was my home, and to be honest, never liked the city that much, although I met alot of great people there. But i finally found a coffee shop called "The Streat." Everyone there was friendly, they had free refills on filter coffee, and eventually I got offered a job there...two weeks before i moved to Dublin. Oh well.

Anyway, the place in Dublin is called "Phresh", and as soon as I walked in, I knew it was the one (haha). All the girls who work in there are so friendly, and the Scottish woman is tall, and happy, and sings along with whatever's on the radio (this morning it was 'Come Together'). they make smoothies, sandwiches, and what a relief, really good coffee. Oh, and it's right around the corner from my office.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment