Saturday, November 12, 2011

the Irish Sea and my financial weaknesses

I know...two completely different subjects, but both have been on my mind this weekend. The first because I finally got to dip my toes in and enjoy the long-awaited sunshine. I decided to take a day-trip to Howth on Saturday. I had been longing to get out of the city and explore the coast a bit, and when I saw an ad on the train saying 'Howth is Magic' I believed it and immediately planned to go there.

So I got up reasonably early on Saturday and the weather was perfect. When I arrived I found that Howth is a small fishing town on a peninsula with gorgeous views of the Irish Sea. I walked long the harbour and looked out to sea. The smell of salt and fish and summer was indeed, magical. There was a tiny little lighthouse, remarkably clear water, and to my surprise, a seal coming up for a breather in the harbour!

Next, (and this is where financial weaknesses come in) I walked into town and what immediately caught my eye was not a jewelry store or an expensive boutique filled with gifts or clothes or shoes...it was in fact a sign for a book sale in the old (tiny) courthouse. Well, let me to tell you, my mama raised me to love books and to love a sale, so I headed inside. Of course I found two somewhat large books that I simply had to have, and for fear that someone might snatch them up, I bought them and carried them in my bag the entire day.

All in all it was a beautiful day, I got to walk along the beach, wade in the water, relax, and explore. I love summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment