Saturday, November 12, 2011

it’s a bloggy day

Mostly I feel like blogging for the usual reasons I feel like writing stuff down...I'm feeling overly emotional and not that fabulous today, so why not write a blog?

First off, I wish I was feeling good today, and don't really know why I'm not...it's almost autumn, the weather is cool and breezy (which I love), and I am settled for awhile with a decent job, a great apartment, and a wonderful man. But we all have our off days...so I guess this is one of mine.

Anyway, I'm ready for things to settle down a little bit. The fun and newness of things is starting to wear off, and I'm missing my family and friends. I don't like having a million and one little things that I need to do, and it's draining.

Also, I finished a really good book today, (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society) and somehow finishing a good book with lovable characters always makes me a bit sad.

On the upside...I have furniture...and pots and pans...and a toilet brush...and rugs...and all kinds of things that grown-ups should have when they have their first grown-up home. It's pretty cool, even if it is a little scary. But for now I just kinda feel like I'm playing house, which was one of my favorite activities growing up, so now I get to do it for real...kinda a dream come true in a silly way :)

Ok, I feel a bit better now. Time for coffee : )

No comments:

Post a Comment