Saturday, November 12, 2011

bright spot in a crappy day

so today was kinda crappy...

Work was ridiculously busy and I fear the holiday rush has hit just a little too early. There was not enough staff to cover anywhere in the store and I ended up at different times with one manager doing dishes, then another running the register for and hour or so at a time, and once I had a manager and two booksellers helping me and another cafe server, and we were still running around like crazy.

In the middle of all this, a little boy kept trying to get my attention to ask about the price of a bottle of water, I told him but he misheard and thought he had enough money. He was 75 cents short but I knew I had that much in my pocket so I gave it to him. He smiled and asked "Is that Illegal?" I told him since it was my own money from my own pocket that it was legal and to think of it as a gift. Just that one comment was enough to brighten the day, but then a few minutes later he came back with a dollar and gave it to me. What a sweetie! I wish I knew who this kid's parents were so I could thank them for having one of the few decent kids I run into at work these days : )

No comments:

Post a Comment